The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Damascus is accepting applications for a vacant position of a clerk / typist, with local staff terms, for full-time employment and on the basis of a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal.
Details for the said position are given below:
• Required qualifications
- Diploma from a recognized secondary school. A university degree or an equivalent title will be treated as an additional qualification. - Very good knowledge of Greek and English languages. Knowledge of an additional foreign language will be treated as an additional qualification.- Previous relevant experience with the envisaged duties will be considered an advantage.- Ability to use computers and the internet.- Integrity of character, responsibility, organizational and administrative skills, sense of confidentiality and discretion.
• Job description
- Performing general office duties (secretarial tasks, accounts, archives and other relevant duties).- Carrying out various tasks of an administrative nature.- Assisting with the execution of various tasks, within or outside of the office, relevant with the responsibilities and activities of the Embassy.- Cooperating with the other officers / members of the Embassy, under the guidance and instructions of the Head of Mission.- Executing other tasks assigned to him / her.
• Gross salary - 1.300 Euros monthly.
• Submission of applications
Those interested may submit their applications by sending the following documents through e-mail to the address email@example.com no later than Wednesday, 8 June 2022. 1. Curriculum Vitae (C.V.).2. Copy of academic certificates and of other relevant qualifications.3. Copy of Cypriot of foreign passport or of respective identity card.4. Copy of a certificate of clear criminal record, issued by the competent authorities of the applicant’s permanent country of residence.5. One photo (jpeg format).6. Name of two persons from whom recommendations could be asked.
It is noted that certificates of the academic and other qualifications must also be submitted in hard copy (certified copies) during the interview. Late submission of an application or submission of an application without all the aforementioned accompanying documents will not be taken into consideration.
• Contacting applicants The applicants will be examined orally. The date and the venue of the interview will be determined at a later stage and the candidates will be informed accordingly.