The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Rome is currently accepting applications for immediate recruitment, under terms of local employment, for one (1) position with duties relating to Press and Communication.
The employment position falls under category A2, in line with current employment related rules for staff of Embassies, Consulates and International Organisations in Italy. The gross monthly salary for the said position is 2.140,44 Euros per month (€1.890,44 basic salary and €250,00 relevant allowances).
The duties include the daily analysis of Italian media, in particular of subjects that are of specific interest to the Embassy, the writing of letters/responses addressed to Media outlets, under the supervision of the Ambassador, the development of a network of contacts with journalists and members of the press, the outreach for the promotion of Cyprus in Media outlets, Social Media and Think Tanks and any other relevant duties to be assigned.
- Very good knowledge of the Italian and Greek languages
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Excellent skills in using computer programs (Word etc.) and of the Internet
- Certificate of a Clean Criminal Record certified by the relevant authorities of the country of residence
Moreover, the following shall be considered as an advantage:
- Graduate and/or postgraduate University Degree in Communication, Journalism, International Relations, Political and Social Science, Classical Studies or any other relevant title of Studies.
- Proven professional experience in journalism, communication, web-site and social media management
- Diverse and up to date knowledge of Cyprus political reality.
- Knowledge of other languages
Candidates that fulfill the required qualifications will be called to an oral or/and written examination.
The candidate to be selected for recruitment shall undergo a trial period of thirty (30) days.
Interested candidates ought to send their Curriculum Vitae in Greek or English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org until the 29th April 2022, 17.00 hrs (CET).
It is clarified that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not undertake any other commitment towards the candidates (will not cover any travel/living expenses of the candidates in Rome, or any other expense may arise in the context of the recruitment procedure or afterwards).