The Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU accepts applications for one (1) position of Assistant Press Officer for immediate full-time employment, in accordance with the conditions for locally-employed staff.
Τhe successful candidate will work, under the supervision of the Press Counsellor, as part of the Press Office team which has a multifaced role and is responsible for a wide range of communication tasks, emanating from Cyprus’ EU membership.
The gross monthly salary for this position is € 2,361.
• University degree in Journalism, Media, International Relations, Law, Economics, Politics, Social or Classical Sciences.
• Very good knowledge of Greek and English.
• Excellent computer skills as well as use of online media.
• Extensive knowledge of the political and media landscape in Cyprus.
• Extensive knowledge of the EU institutions and media landscape in Brussels.
• Clear Criminal Record.
• Good knowledge of French.
• Proven professional experience in journalism, communication, website and social media publishing.
Those who meet the criteria will be invited to an oral and/or written exam.
Please note that the Permanent Representation does not cover travel, accommodation or any other expenses which might be incurred by the candidates during the selection process for this position, or/and thereafter.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a copy of their CV, together with a cover letter (in Greek, 400 words max), explaining the reasons and motivation to apply for this post. Please note that the CV can be in Greek or in English.
Applicants must submit, together with their application, copies of all relevant certificates regarding the required and additional qualifications.
In addition, applicants must confirm at the time of applying the possession of a clear criminal record, which they must provide if selected.
Applications should be submitted to Ms. Maria Phanti, Press Counsellor either by post to the address 'Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU, Av. Cortenbergh 61, 1000 Brussels, c/o Maria Phanti, Press Counsellor', or by email at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 12 October at noon (CET).