The Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU accepts applications for one (1) position of Personal Assistant to the Permanent Representative for immediate full-time employment, in accordance with the conditions for locally-employed staff. The gross monthly salary for this position amount to 3.100 Euros.
Duties and responsibilities
• Manages the agenda of the Permanent Representative (schedules and organises meetings, lunches, dinners and receptions).
• Forms an integral part of the horizontal policy co-ordination within the Permanent Representation. Monitors internal policies, procedures, progress reports and memos in close cooperation with the ANTICI and other colleagues.
• Handles sensitive and confidential documents.
• Co-ordinates the preparation of the weekly dossier of the Permanent Representative for COREPER, and prepares dossiers for bilateral meetings, the European Council summits and the Ministerial meetings of the Council of the EU.
• In the context of CY-EU institutional relations, handles correspondence from and to the EU institutions, liaises with the competent authorities of the Government of Cyprus, building a network of contacts with officials in the EU institutions.
• Co-ordinates and organises Cyprus’ participation to the European Council summits as well as various Ministerial and other high-level meetings of the Council of the EU. These duties include hotels reservations in Brussels and in Luxembourg, as well as organisation of working breakfasts, lunches or dinners for the Ministers and the President of the Republic of Cyprus in Brussels or/and in Luxembourg.
• Contact person between the EU institutions and the Ministries in Cyprus. Schedules bilateral meetings for the President of the Republic and the Ministers of the Government of Cyprus.
• Offers secretarial support during the Ministerial meetings of the Council of the EU and the European Council summits.
• Performs any other assigned duties that are relevant to the position.
• Secondary School Education.
• Very good knowledge of Greek, English and French.
• Previous experience related to the duties of the position.
• Excellent computer skills
• Integrity of character, confidentiality and reliability
In addition to the above, the following qualifications will be considered an advantage
• University degree or diploma
• Knowledge of flemish.
Candidates that meet the requirements will be called for an interview and/or written exam.
Please note that the Permanent Representation does not cover any travel, accommodation or other expenses which might be incurred by the candidates during the selection process for this position, or/and thereafter.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter, a certificate of clear criminal record, as well as copies of all relevant certificates regarding the required qualifications, to the Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU, for the attention of Mrs. Maria Michaelidou either by post to the address 'Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU, Avenue Cortenbergh 61, 1000 Brussels', or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 12 October (COB).