The Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU accepts applications for one (1) position of Driver/Messenger for immediate full-time employment, in accordance with the conditions for locally-employed staff. The gross monthly earnings for this position amount to 1878,97 euros.
Duties and responsibilities
• Driving the Permanent Representative and Government officials, in and outside of Brussels or Belgium (overnight stays might be necessary).
• Take care of the maintenance of the official vehicle(s), ensuring that they are in good operating condition. Also, responsible for the internal and external cleanliness of the official vehicle(s);
• Compliance with the Highway Code.
• Keep a vehicle travel logbook.
• Perform the duties of a messenger, including handling and distributing correspondence within the Permanent Representation, as well as delivering letters and other documents externally.
• Perform other assigned duties, which are relevant to the position.
• Valid driving license.
• Clear criminal record.
• Secondary School Education.
• Good knowledge of English.
• Integrity of character, confidentiality and reliability.
In addition to the above, the following qualifications will be considered an asset:
• Good knowledge of Greek.
• Knowledge of French.
• Previous experience related to the duties of the position.
Please note that the Permanent Representation does not cover any travel, accommodation or any other expenses which might be incurred by the candidates during the selection process for this position, or/and thereafter.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a brief curriculum vitae and a cover letter, a certificate of clear criminal record, as well as copies of all relevant certificates regarding the required qualifications, to the Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU, for the attention of Mrs. Marigo Marosi either by post at the address 'Permanent Representation of Cyprus to the EU, Avenue Cortenbergh 61, 1000 Brussels' or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who meet the requirements will be called for an interview.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 28 September 2021.